With its lush jungles, fantastic weather and amazing fishing, Costa Rica has recently opened up to the charter market.
Smooth seas, gin clear water, abundant sea life and amazing jungle based activities, Costa Rica is a must on anyone’s bucket list.
The months of November through April is considered the best time to visit the Southern parts of Costa Rica ,Golfito due to it being the dry season. May through October the North of the country is amazing, with Liberia airport being the preferred choice for arrivals.
Each charter is specifically tailored according to the groups likes and varies from inshore Bay activities to offshore fishing.
Golfito/Golfo Dulce options :
- Calm Bay/Bajo Mancito: This idyllic bay it only half hour outside of the marina area, would be the first stop after leaving the marina, from here we are in calm water perfect for a afternoon kayak and sundowners. At night there is always the possibility of bioluminescence.
- Gallardo Point: This point is ideal for a morning dive or advanced snorkeling with two sunken sailboats nearby for exploration or fishing for roosterfish.
- Dolphin Quest Jungle Lodge: After a morning dive we move to Dolphin Quest Jungle Lodge for a hike to a waterfall, farm to table culinary experience, afternoon massages, inshore fishing or soccer game and we end the night with a beach bonfire.
- Adela Point: This point is ideal for beginner snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Mogos Islands: Still reputed to have buried treasure, this setting is perfect for island picnic, snorkeling and diving near by or go and explore the mangroves via kayak.
- Puerto Jimenez: This lovely little town is the spring board for a vast array of activities such as zip lining ,waterfall rappelling, quad bike rentals, horse back riding and souvenir shopping.
- Matapalo: Perfect right handed waves for surfing. Different breaks offer an option for all levels. There is also good fishing and diving nearby.
- Pavones: Perfect left handed waves for surfing, the second longest left in the world, truly world class. Option to get off board to explore town.
- Whale Watching(Seasonal): The humpback whales enter the Golfo Dulce to breed and raise their young during the months of July-November.
- World-class big game fishing for a vast array of sportfish including: Mahi Mahi, Yellow Fin Tuna, Sailfish, Marlin, Wahoo.
- Dolphin experiences, using the sub wings to swim and glide among hundreds of dolphin, this is a life altering experience.
- Experience deep sea anchoring on the parachute, catch fresh calamari at night or simply watch the nightly dolphin hunt from the floating mattress.
- Diving/ snorkeling at Cano island or travel 250nm offshore to the amazing Cocos Islands
- Deep Sea Spearfishing option: Please contact for more details regarding experience level and gear requirements.
marlin in costa rica
Sailfish in Costa Rica